This post contains several interviews and posts related to Monetary Reform and Positive Money, and how they relate to Modern Money Theory, or MMT.
[GO BACK TO THE TABLE OF CONTENTS]
Disclaimer: I am a layperson who has studied MMT since February of 2018. I’m not an economist or academic and I don’t speak for the MMT project. The information in this post is my best understanding but I don’t assert it to be perfectly accurate. In order to ensure accuracy, you should rely on the expert sources linked throughout. If you have feedback to improve this post, please get in touch.
Activist #MMT interviews on Monetary Reform and Positive Money
My interviews with Joe and Dan were recorded in January 2019.
- Episodes 37 and 38: Dan Sullivan: “You don’t punish banks. The banks punish you.” (Monetary Reform vs MMT)
- Episodes 18 and 19: Dr. Joe Firestone on MMT vs. Monetary Reform
- Clint and I discuss Monetary Reform for around twenty minutes near the beginning of this episode: Ep 39 [1/2]: Clint Ballinger: The funding is the decision to do it. (Plus, “bonds suck”) (part two with Clint is unrelated)
The links in this section come from the show notes of part one of my interview with Clint Ballinger.
- My 2019 article describing the core differences between MMT and Monetary Reform: Monetary Reform and Mmt Agree On Many Things – But for One Irreconcilable Difference. (Written with the assistance of Joe and Dan.)
- Articles by Clint Ballinger:
- Positive Money’s response to Clint’s 2014 post (2015): TO WHAT EXTENT CAN POSITIVE MONEY AND MODERN MONETARY THEORY JOIN FORCES?